Re: Vindaloo - open a PDF from the command line

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Vindaloo - open a PDF from the command line
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:32:35 +0100

On 15 Apr 2010, at 12:24, Markus Hitter wrote:

> Am 15.04.2010 um 11:35 schrieb David Chisnall:
>
>> Is there a reason that it's called gopen instead of open?
>
> Avoiding a conflict on Mac OS X?

That makes sense on OS X, but not on any other platform.

> Why two competing helpers, gopen and openapp, exist eludes me, though.

They do different things.  The openapp tool opens app bundles and can be used
with non-GNUstep file managers as the app to open .app bundles with.  The gopen
tool opens documents.  Technically, the functionality of gopen is a superset of
openapp.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom