Re: GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:16:58 +0000

On 18 Feb 2010, at 14:01, J. Jordan wrote:

I am editing, updating and converting to .rtfd Dennis Leeuw's very nice _GWorkspace User Guide_ in hopes that it can be used as a help file for GWorkspace. One of the appendi indicates that GWorkspace is normally installed in {GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT}/Applications/ GWorkspace* I am aware that applications (including GWorkspace) are now normally installed under the Local branch, so should this be changed to: {GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT}/Applications/GWorkspace*

Yes :-)

In addition to that, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT and GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT have been deprecated a few years ago
when we added support for arbitrary filesystem layouts.

So it's best to say that it is installed into

  {GNUSTEP_LOCAL_APPS}/GWorkspace

Of course, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_APPS is just /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications on a GNUstep filesystem, but might be something else on other filesystems (eg, I think it's /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/ Applications under a default FHS setup). :-)

Thanks!