Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 87, Issue 24

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 87, Issue 24
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:37:57 -0500

J,

I think you're being unecessarily harsh here.   All Markus is saying
is that this list is full of people who ALREADY love this project.

Years ago GNUstep was trying to be a desktop, but it became obvious
that GNUstep's role should be something more like Qt is to KDE.
Etoile and other projects fill the Desktop niche for GNUstep quite
nicely.

As for being GOD-LIKE, none of us pretends to be anything of the sort,
but what we do have is experience in what you're suggesting.   You
see.. many of the decisions we've made have been done because we have
had experience with trying what you've already suggested and we KNOW
it won't work.  So, you'll have to forgive us if we share our
experience with you instead of simple re-arranging the entire project
based on your suggestions.

Also, you're missing a very basic point here...  GNUstep is what we
want it to be because each of us has our own itch to scratch. :)

Later, GC