Re: State of the 'Step

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: State of the 'Step
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:52:22 +0000

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:40 PM, J. Jordan <jjordanthesailor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Markus,
>
> I cannot get Etoile to compile.  The one screen shot I have been able to
> find does not look like anything I want on my computer.  I am under the
> impression that it forces you into horizontal menus which I don't want and
> some theme which I also don't want, the flowers in the screen shot I found
> made me not even want to pursue figuring it out.  There are some interesting
> things in Etoile such as the idea of being able to use a BASH script as a
> service, I wish some of those things would migrate into GNUstep.

this is all theming -- nothing prevent you to run Etoile without the
horizontal menu (though we do prefer it) and nothing prevent you to
use Etoile's themes instead of the GNUstep classic one. But I think
you'll probably more interested by GAP than by Etoile.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound