Re: GNUStep parsing OSX binary plist changed?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUStep parsing OSX binary plist changed?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:26:57 +0100

Your code is not printing the actual format of the plist, rather it
prints the class of the extracted object. And if this is a string in
GNUstep then the call to objectForKey: is bound to fail.

Most likely the plist format used by Safari has changed or your aren't
looking at the same file in both cases.

This could be easily investigated if you mail the plist in question (or
even better a very simple one that reproduces the problem). I tried to
find the History.plist on my Mac, but failed. The only thing I found was
a History directory for Safari with plenty of files in it. All of them
looked like normal plists to me.

Fred