Re: Opal/CoreGraphics (was Re: UIKit?)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Opal/CoreGraphics (was Re: UIKit?)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:02:02 +0100

Hi,

Lastly, stacking APIs that do the same thing on top of each other only
increases the opportunity for hideous breakage, and for limitations or design
choices at one level to cause huge problems at another. The design patterns of
Core* are not the same as those of the AppKit; if they were, they'd be the
same damn library. So why the urge to build one on top of the other, when one
of them is already built on top of yet another (equivalent!) graphics API layer?

the way you express it makes simple and agreeable with.
If you apply what you write to Core* and AppKit, it means that Core* stuff should just sit on the side of Appkit. If I don't need Core* I don't want it hidden somewhere.

Riccardo