Re: Sending UDP packets

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Sending UDP packets
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:23:43 +0100

Hello Sasa,

Try replacing the "NSLog (@"sendto() failed");" with "perror ("sendto()
failed") - that will tell you exactly what went wrong.

Sending packet 9
sendto() failed: Permission denied

Wow? Why that? I tried it as root, but that leads to the same error!?

Also, as Lars suggested, your application might be an ideal example of when to use IP
multicast

I will look into the links Lars gave ...

(if you need, I can rewrite this code to work over multicast).

If that weren't too much work for you, ... I would pretty much appreciate a working code snippet.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

 Andreas