Re: Terminal.app and fonts

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Terminal.app and fonts
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 21:01:34 +0200

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 05:46:12PM +0100, Pablo Giménez wrote:

[snip]

> Also using the defaults command I have tried to look for the key NSFontm,
> which seems to exists only for the NSGlobalDomain domain, there is no font
> key for the Terminal.
> So is there any way I can reset the fonts for the Terminal.app so I can use
> it again. Why the Terminal.app is crashing when I set the font for example
> to Helvetica.

Hi Pablo.

Try 'defaults read Terminal | grep Font'. It gives me

Terminal TerminalFontSize 11
Terminal TerminalFont 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono'
Terminal BoldTerminalFont 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-Bold'
Terminal BoldTerminalFontSize 11

You can then use 'defaults write Terminal TerminalFont yourfont' or
simply 'defaults delete Terminal TerminalFont'.

Hope this helps,
Philippe
--
Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le Camembert, L.R