Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 07:16:25 +0100

On 7 Oct 2009, at 22:28, Stef Bidi wrote:

The second, which is a little deeper, is that there's no way to globally define defaults. If I'm out there creating a GNUstep package (and I mostly do for Slackware, I just need to get on it for 13.0) there's not way for me to set a default, "preferred" theme-- which is what the GUI toolkits above allow you to do--there is just no way for me to do that.

Actually, you can define global defaults in the GobalDefaults.plist file, which lives in the same directory as the GNUstep configuration file (and you can also put simple string values directly in GNUstep.conf using GNUSTEP_EXTRA if you don't want the overhead of loading GlobalDefaults.plist). See http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/index.html and the NSUserDefaults documentation.