Re: SWI 2.7.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: SWI 2.7.0
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:21:32 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Sep., 17:18, "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <h...@computer.org>
wrote:
> Am 16.09.2009 um 17:00 schrieb Truls Becken:
>
> > h...@computer.org wrote:
> > About the search feature, though. Searching for GPS, PDF, FTP or
> > GNUstep does not return anything. Do you know why that is? Searching
>
> it uses the MySQL full-text search and as far as I know this algorithm
> has problems with short abbreviations. Maybe we should mix standard
> and full-text search somehow.

Here is the MySQL statement (built in the PHP script):

        $query="select id, name, version, summary, DATE_FORMAT(updated, '%e
%b %Y') as upd from ${DB_TABLE}";
        $query.=" where approved=1";
        $query.=" and match(name,summary,description,author) against (".quote
($q).")";
        $query.=" order by name asc, updated desc";

so the problem appears to be in

        match(name,summary,description,author) against ('FTP')

Well, I could replace with something similar to

        description like '%query%'

Any insights?

Nikolaus