ANN: WinClassic theme (early release)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: WinClassic theme (early release)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:32:31 +0200

Hello,

I announce an early release of the WinClassic theme. The theme tries to recreate a windows-look alike following the Windows2000 or "Windows Classic" (in XP or Vista) look. It is completely done inside Thematic.

The theme does use pixmaps to emulate the look.

Some icons were redesigned to give a blend between GNUstep style and Windows Style, including different requirements. This approach was also taken for some elements like NSTabs. Others, like switch buttons or radio buttons are instead a perfect match for windows.

The theme enables options like scroll-bars on the right side and with separate arrows as well as in-windows menus. The latter is known to be problematic.

What is there in the theme - except GNUstep bugs - should be usable, but there are several parts which can be refined or even need to be yet implemented. I will track GSTheme progress and work on them

http://gap.nongnu.org/themes/index.html

Greetings,
 Riccardo