Re: GNUstep.gui on OS X 10.3.9, make fails (Gorm fails)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: GNUstep.gui on OS X 10.3.9, make fails (Gorm fails)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:32:26 -0400

To:discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
CC:
BCC:
Subject:Re: GNUstep.gui on OS X 10.3.9, make fails (Gorm/ProjectCenter)

OK, Good!!
Thanks very much for your help getting me this far, Wolfgang!

 After adding LIBS=-lcc_dynamic and --libjpeg-library=/sw/lib (and
recompiling everything), I no longer get the restFP and saveFP errors when
try to launch Gorm. But I am getting these errors.

        2009-07-18 12:23:03.828 Gorm[27716] Did not find correct version of
        backend, falling back to std.
        2009-07-18 12:23:03.846 Gorm[27716] NSApplication.m:286  Assertion
        failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find backend
        libgnustep-art
        /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm: Uncaught exception
NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:286   Assertion
failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find   backend
libgnustep-art
        Abort trap

So I've searched around bit and found similar errors but they were not
that helpful since the context was in upgrading GNUstep components after
upgrading Gorm. I have found in /src/gorm-1.2.10/NEWS that states that Gorm
1.2.8 requires: gnustep-gui-0.16.0 (I have Gorm 1.2.10, gnustep-gui 0.16.0,
and gnustep-back 0.16.0 )

It would appear on the surface that the versions should be compatible,
but is there any way to know for certain? Any other ideas about what could
be causing this?

Sincere gratitude!
Bryan