Re: GNUstep.gui on OS X 10.3.9, make fails

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GNUstep.gui on OS X 10.3.9, make fails
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:29:34 +0200

Bryan Pierce wrote:

The gnustep-gui configure seems to run great, but I am getting hung up on the following error
when running make

   Making all for bundle RTFConverter...
   - - -
    Linking bundle RTFConverter ...

/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libgnustep- base.dylib.1.18 (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
   /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:

_NSClassFromString referenced from libgnustep-gui.dylib.0.16 expected to be defined
   in libgnustep-base.dylib.1.18
   /* contuing with a long list of undefined symbols */

I don't have a clue why this error is happening. libgnustep- gui.dylib.0.16 exists in /usr/ GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries which is in my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. So far everything I've tried
has resulted in the exact same error.

I think, configuring GNUstep-make with --enable-absolute-install- paths and reinstalling GNUstep-make should help. If it doesn't, applying the patch below to GNUmakefile in TextConverters/RTF may work. However, I guess the same error will be recurring in other places and you'll have to create similar patches there.

Wolfgang