Re: Problem with GNUstep and Objective-C++

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem with GNUstep and Objective-C++
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:33:20 +0100

On 7 May 2009, at 16:17, Mike Simmons wrote:

The part "objc++ is completely unmaintained" is a little worrisome. Can I assume that it is stable/usable? I need it only to allow my app to use existing C++ code in various libraries. Apart from instantiating the existing C++ objects and invoking their methods from within my Objective-C code, I really won't be doing any new C++ code.

It may work. It may continue to work in the future. It isn't built by default in the packaged versions of GCC for most operating systems. For portable code, consider adding a C wrapper around your C+ + code.

David