Re: image browser application

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: image browser application
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 08:42:31 +0800

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hello Zhang,

please have a look at LaternaMagica in the GAP project. It is thought
exactly for that, it allows single-window browsing of a list of images and
recursively adds files given a folder. It also has full-screen and image
resizing capabilities.

Hi. Thanks for introducing this software. It seems lacking features normal user expect from an image browser, e.g. print an image. Again maybe in GNUStep the concept is different, e.g. one application does only one thing, if it prints image it call services from an image viewer like Preview.app, is it right?

Some input from an end user:

Thumbnail browsing would also attract users much. However automatic thumbnail genreation is a bad idea, I experienced this with nautilus especially when there are press-quality pictures that takes minutes to thumbnail. I'd consider the Firefox style much more friendly. IN Firefox a bollon appear on the top of the main content area with a simple quesiton and one or two buttons following, asking "Do you want to save your password? [yes] ...". Such thing if used on thunbmail generation I would consider it friendly.