Re: xim doesn't work (scim)

From: Omniscient
Subject: Re: xim doesn't work (scim)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

On May 4, 10:09 pm, Zhang Weiwu <zhangwe...@realss.com> wrote:

> You are write. I just write to confirm that gnustep application in xlib
> also does not support XIM. This would be a big problem because it seems
> gnustep also doesn't support iiimf, which means there are no way for
> Asian and a lot other people in the world to use gnustep as daily
> environment (instead of just toys). I would suggest this top priority if
> somebody has time to solve it.

You can also check http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/I18n
I don't think there's enough demand to get any developer to focus on
it.
I could be wrong but I don't think solving this would make GNUstep
ready
for the world as an application environment since we don't have any
application. To solve this I think people should start working or
porting
serious applications that Actually Create Revenue and that are
actually
better than existing FOSS, by using many advantages GNUstep framework
may provide eg. for providing better interface especially for DTP or
using less
cost to develop & maintain. After we've proved those points then there
will be more demands for XIM, desktop utilities, etc.