Re: failed to follow gnustep build guide

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: failed to follow gnustep build guide
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 21:55:25 +0800

David Chisnall wrote:
Did you follow the step in 'Building the Makefile system' about sourcing the GNUstep.{csh,sh} file? Without this file sourced (in every shell you want to run GNUstep commands in), the GNUstep command-line tools and GNUstep make will not work.

Hi. What you suggested instantly solved the problem. It is a surprise to me. I sourced GNUstep.sh in every shell that I make or configure something. Because the path "/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh" suggests it is part of the build system, for shells I opened not for building, I did not source it. I wasn't aware this script is needed to run every Tool in GNUStep.

Thanks.