Re: xim doesn't work (scim)

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: xim doesn't work (scim)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 20:49:15 +0800

Omniscient wrote:
On May 3, 3:17 pm, Zhang Weiwu <zhangwe...@realss.com> wrote:
Hello.

In TextEditor or Terminal (in fact, all GNUstep applications) xim (scim
1.0) doesn't seem to work.

I have been looking forward to iiimf but I never really
use these things so I don't really know.
I am aware that gnustep probably doesn't work with iiimf and explicitly set scim to work in XIM mode instead. GTK_IM_MODULE is configured "xim" when I report it works on gtk.
May be we GNUstep could hire someone to do that?
BTW, I think it was Kuriyama Kazunobu?
that told me that supporting this is hard
since you need to modify things in many level
including in attributed string or may be any
string or something, so I didn't want to touch it.
Is this problem on the widget level or on the widget backend level? In later case I can try alternative backends. I have no problem typing into urxvt which is a xlib application unrelated to gtk/qt.

By the way is the newsgroup mirrored to this mailing list? I noticed you sent a copy of this message to a newsgroup.