Re: compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:30:10 +0200

The most likely reason you get this problem is that you still have he partly
compiled newer GNUstep system lying around and there are some incompatabilities
to the software you loaded from the Debian repository.

It is a bit hard to tell from here what you did, so I have to guess. The new
GNUstep system (mnually compiled) will be in the Local directory and the
original one from Debian in the System. It should be sufficient to just delete
the Local directory (depending on the file system layout your compilation was
using it may be named differently).

If this fails I would recomment to delete the GNUstep directory (if this exists
in your file system layout) and re-install all packages from the Debian
repository. Currently it is very important to keep all the GNUstep libraries
and applications on the same release level.

But these are only guesses.
Fred

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*