Re: newbie questions

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: newbie questions
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:40:20 -0600

El mié, 22-04-2009 a las 19:59 +0100, Richard Danter escribió:

>  1. Can GNUstep apps have a "native" look and feel?

 No

> By this I mean can a GNUstep application be configured so it looks just
> like the other GNOME/KDE/Motif/whatever applications? The big difference
> I have noticed is that the menu deems to be in a window of it's own
> rather than the now "standard" location at the top of the main window
> (or top of the screen on Mac OS/X),

If you get GUI library from SVN you can get an horizontal menu inside
the main window. To do this install GUI from SVN and install the app
"System Preferences" then on System Preferences on Defaults section
select NSInterfaceStyleDefault and set this on
NSWindows95InterfaceStyle. This option need test and have some issues.

> but also there is an icon that
> floats about on the desktop.

To remove this icon, in System Preferences on "Defaults" select
GSSuppressAppIcon and set this on YES.