Re: GSWImageButton and a updated example for GSWeb

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GSWImageButton and a updated example for GSWeb
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 14:20:03 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 05.04.2009, 11:12 +0200 schrieb David Ayers:
> Hello Dave,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 05.04.2009, 02:09 +0200 schrieb David Wetzel:
>
> > Images from frameworks have never been used ins GSW.
> > It should work if you use a image on a web server.
>
> > Am 04.04.2009 um 21:47 schrieb Tim Kack:
> >
> > >  filename = "CreateTables.png";
>

> I'm not certain whether this may be a regression from 2004 when I added
> that example.  Yet I currently don't have a VM ready to test it
> (revision 20316 of the gnustep code does not compile on the Lenny images
> I have.  I suppose I'd need to go back to Sarge.)

After a chat with David W. it became clear that this is not a
regression.  We omitted the feature at the time since we would need to
duplicate some of the image handling code we already have in -gui.

What would people think if we extract the internal image handling of
NSBitmapImageRep+<image-type> into GNUstep specific classes/functions in
base-additions to make it available for both -gui and -gsweb?

Cheers,
David