Re: What platforms are people using GNUstep on?

From: Dino Strausz
Subject: Re: What platforms are people using GNUstep on?
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:35:18 -0600

I am using it on top of Mac OS X (Leopard) running in a dual-core Intel processor (MacBook 2.4 GHz).

On 2 Apr 2009, at 2:24 PM, David Chisnall wrote:

I think, for a variety of reasons, it would be helpful to get some overview of what platforms people have actually built and tested recent versions of GNUstep on. The ones I've heard about over he last year are (in no particular order):

x86: GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Windows.
x86-64: FreeBSD, Windows (GNU/Linux?)
SPARC: Solaris (not sure if this was 64-bit or 32-bit though)
ARM: Linux (GNU?)
PowerPC: GNU/Linux

What else do people use underneath GNUstep? Is anyone using Alpha? m68k? IA64? XCore? I know GNUstep used to work on NetBSD, but has anyone tried it recently? I've seen a couple of screenshots from HURD - I guess those were x86? Has anyone managed to get (any of) GNUstep running on Symbian's POSIX layer?

David