Re: GNUmakefile

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: GNUmakefile
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:41:25 +0100

Justin Lolofie wrote:

> Ok, so I built PLDatabase as a single library and it seemed to work fine.
> But when I try to use it in my tool I get the error below. When its reading
> PLDatabase headers it seems to not know about NSObject. I must be doing
> something out of order- anyone have any idea?

I think you're supposed to include the umbrella header
PlausibleDatabase.h, and not PLSqliteDatabase.h, but I'm not sure.

> One other question- PLDatabase is an sqlite wrapper- it occurs to me that
> neither makefile (library or tool) tells the linker about sqlite- should I
> have done this in the library makefile or the tool makefile?

Either would work, but it seems most logical to link it from the library.
Following the example I pointed to earlier, it would probably be;

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += `pkg-config sqlite3 --cflags`

ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += `pkg-config sqlite3 --libs`