Re: Database Frameworks

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Subject: Re: Database Frameworks
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:51:15 +0100

I will try it tomorrow at work.

Thanks.

El 26/01/2009, a las 22:09, Matt Rice escribió:

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<glpunzi@lordzealon.com> wrote:
Hi list,

I'm searching a working cross platform database framework.

The idea is thath my application works first over sqlite, and then migrate
to postgres or mysql (not decided yet).

I found, SQLClient (sources of 2006) and GDL2 (sources of 2007) from GNUstep
FTP.

I know I have problems with libraries dependencies.

---- split -----
checking for pg_config... no
checking libpq-fe.h usability... no
checking libpq-fe.h presence... no
checking for libpq-fe.h... no
checking for PostgreSQL database... no
checking for pkg-config... no
checking sqlite3.h usability... no
checking sqlite3.h presence... no
checking for sqlite3.h... no
checking for SQLite3 database... no
checking for the version of GDL2 we are compiling... 0.11.0
---- split -----

But I will solve this later when I find the way to build this libs on mingw.

I know, I have the same problem with library dependencies for GDL2, but, I have an error building it, and I think the error is on the source. This is
the make out log.

<snip>

Compiling file EOKeyValueArchiver.m ...
EOKeyValueArchiver.m: In function `-[EOKeyValueArchiver
_encodeDictionary:forKey
:]':
EOKeyValueArchiver.m:257: warning: `NSEnumerator' may not respond to
`-nextObjec
t'
<snip>
Compiling file EODataSource.m ...
In file included from EODataSource.m:45:
../EOControl/EOClassDescription.h:92: error: syntax error before
"NSMutableDicti
onary"
../EOControl/EOClassDescription.h:94: fatal error: method definition not in
clas
s context
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [obj/EODataSource.m.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [EOControl.all.library.variables] Error 2
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

My main question is...
There are some update sources for GDL2 or SQLClient? (I don't know if this
versions works with latest versions of MySql, Postgres, and so on)
Is this a bug?

Cheers.

for gdl2 besides the latest release on the ftp site there is just what
is in SVN,
which appears to have been updated to #include the correct headers (or
forward declarations with @class)