Re: Building on OSX

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Building on OSX
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:23:45 -0700

On Jan 22, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

HI all,

I can't get GNUstep builded on OSX.

I would like to eliminate the actual broken installation of GNUstep on my system, and start the process of building again but installing with gnuste-startup and on $home.

Somebody can tell me if to clean the installation, remove GNUstep folders under /Library/System is enough?

It depends on how you installed GNUstep before. If the previous install is in /Library/GNUstep, then you can just remove that, or if you intentionally put it somewhere else, remove that.

There are two ways to install GNUstep. If you just configure and install the packages as is, they are compiled and installed to work with Apple's Cocoa libraries.

If you use gnustep-startup, they are compiled to be stand-alone (i.e. separate from Cocoa). FYI, GNUstep will compile on 10.5, but it won't work, AFAIK.