Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:00:53 +0000

- several talks and topics where proposed, as of now only Helge has confirmed two talks (thanks Helge!)

I'll be there and can hold two talks

Saturday 15:00 - 16:00: Cross-Platform Objective-C Development Using GNUstep (Presentation)

Sunday 12:00 - 13:00: Building Server Applications using Objective- C and GNUstep (Tutorial)

Since there will be fewer of us this year, I decided it's better to give general presentations for the "general non-GNUstep public" on how they could use Objective-C and GNUstep to "do useful things" - as opposed to talking about details of a specific project or piece of software. ;-)

The room is small (31 people) so I wouldn't be too hurried about cancelling it. We're not taking up huge resources from Fosdem, and our line-up of presentations is quite decent and exciting. A lot of people know about Apple and Objective-C and will be interested - the room might even
be too small for some of the activities! ;-)

What is missing (IMO) from our presentation lineup is someone talking about Etoile.

Thanks