Re: GNUstep and Theming...

From: Lucas Holt
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Theming...
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:15:06 -0500

On Jan 4, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Hi all..

I'd like to re-prioritize one of the points I mentioned in the previous email.   I think that theming should be much higher priority than I stated previously.

I think it should be one of our top priorities at this point.   It seems that theming is one of the central reasons that users shy away from GNUstep.

Any thoughts?

Theming would be more useful for OS projects, than end users.  One could provide applications with a similar look and feel thus making it more consistent for the user.  I could see this issue coming up eventually in MidnightBSD.

From a  user perspective, I tend to get questions about what GNUstep is and what applications are available for it to replace Gtk or QT apps.

Lucas Holt

Luke@FoolishGames.com

MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)