Re: GNUstep base now installed in Local

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep base now installed in Local
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:39:04 +0000

On 28 Nov 2008, at 10:35, Quentin Mathé wrote:
Looks like there is a problem either in my GNUstep install or GNUstep make because the paths are listed in the reverse order for LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH, when other environment variables set by GNUstep make are in the right order (user -> local -> system). For example, on my computer:

PATH=/System/Tools:/Local/Tools:/home/somebody/GNUstep/Tools:/usr/ local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/System/Library/Libraries:/Local/Library/Libraries:/ home/somebody/GNUstep/Library/Libraries
GNUSTEP_PATHLIST=/home/somebody/GNUstep:/Local:/Network:/System

I usually source GNUstep.sh in my .bashrc. To be sure it's the only place where these variables are modified, I removed it and tried to source it manually instead but the result is the same. I'm using gnustep-make r27166 currently, the only custom flag I pass to configure gnustep-make is --prefix=/

My path is in the correct order, but I think the reason mine is fine is that I have been working in a virtual machine on my laptop, and just haven't logged out and in again for ages. Thus my paths have been set for ages, and re-sourcing GNUstep.sh hasn't changed them as they already contain all the gnustep directories.

I'm pretty sure that the paths were broken by a change made to gnustep- make on October 21st, intended to improve the checking for directories already being present in the path, and avoid adding them again.