Re: GSL and GNUStep

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Re: GSL and GNUStep
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:28:39 +0100

15 nov 2008 kl. 16.16 skrev David Chisnall:

On 15 Nov 2008, at 15:12, Tommy Nordgren wrote:

So it is on my system too, but you should pass -I/usr/local/ include to the compiler with that path.
GSL headers are normally referred to in source as:
#include <gsl/some_gsl_header.h>

This is entirely the wrong thing to do.

If you put the gsl prefix in your source file and your host system installs the files in, for example, /usr/include/ then there is no compiler flag that you can pass which will make it find them correctly. If, instead, you use just the header name and pass the output from pkg-config to the compiler then it will add the gsl/ if it's required, or not if it isn't.

David
GSl always installs it's headers in subdirectory gsl of whatever include directory the configure prefix points at.
Engineers supporting greenpeace: Comparable to Afroamericans who wants to join the Ku Klux Klan
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se