Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:27:41 +0000 (UTC)

В Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:22:09 -0800, EL написа:

> I tried ubuntu 8.10 desktop, it not include dev sources by default. That
> give an empression that the desktop version of ubuntu is mainly not for
> gnustep developers.

Hmm, I'm not sure what sources you have in mind.

You should be able to install a GNUstep development environment with
"aptitude install libgnustep-gui-dev".  This will pull make, gnustep-
make, gobjc, libobjc, -base-dev, etc.  I usually recommend this command
to people who want to build and test Emacs.app.

If you need a full-blown environment, install "gnustep-devel" which will
pull in additionally Gorm, PC, ProjectManager, Renaissance and all the
documentation.

This works on Debian and should work on Ubuntu too.