Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:56:11 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:
> Anyway, I agree that for an Xcode programmer the idea of just having a
> button in Xcode that cross-compiles to Windows might be attractive.
> I also agree with you that it would be nice for GNUstep to support that. :-)

Even more awesome, was your idea of a button in Xcode that sends the
code changes to the virtual machine, and triggers a recompile there.
This would be easiest to implement as a network protocol, so sending
it to a physical computer shouldn't make any difference. Perhaps using
distributed objects?

The biggest challenge probably is syncing the code changes. If
commiting to a repository for every cycle is acceptable, it would be
easily solved that way. Otherwise, maybe Xcode has an API for
detecting changes? I dunno.

Truls