Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:52:07 +0100

On 2008-10-29 15:04:23 +0100 David Ayers <ayers@fsfe.org> wrote:

I don't think we have a decided policy on this, just an established practice. Maybe I missed the debate/conlusion?

I certainly don't have clear/strong opinion, but I think on balance, my vote would be to have a policy of using the FHS. However, I feel quite strongly that any change should not break things for existing users, so someone updating an existing system would get what they are used to, but a new installation from scratch would default to using FHS.

+1

LET VOTE = VOTE - 1