Re: NSWindowController should be a NSResponder (part 2)

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSWindowController should be a NSResponder (part 2)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:57:19 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Thank you for those follow up patches. I applied them with slight
changes. Please check whether I made any mistake here.

Unfortunately, you did. The method -encodeWithCoder: always encodes
the super class fields in the archive, even if the class version is
set to 0 (this is the ``trick'' used by Gorm for creating backward
compatible archives).

W.r.t. the changes in NSApplication.m, I appreciate the introduction
of an auxiliary method to check the responder chain of a window.
However, I'd prefer the semantics of my patch, which checks the
window's delegate immediately after the window itself and not at the
end of the responder chain. This does not only comply with Apple's
documentation -- cf. http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/ Conceptual/EventOverview/EventArchitecture/chapter_2_section_6.html#
-- but also looks more sensible to me since the delegate will act
on behalf of the window and is not a responder in its own right.

As usual, patches for both issues attached below.

Sorry for nitpicking,
Wolfgang