Re: X-Windows errors

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: X-Windows errors
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 22:30:41 +0200

Philippe Roussel wrote:

> Le samedi 25 octobre 2008 à 17:24 +0200, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
>> I made a rather far fetching change last night to the XWindowBuffer
>> class, so my first thought is that this change may have triggered your
>> problem. I left the old code in place and you could test whether my
>> change caused this by changing the line
>> #if 0
>> into
>> #if 1
>
> I get exactly the same messages.

That is great. Not for you, but for my. I really was a bit worried. You
never know what a different X setup may do to your code.

>> If this wasn't the source of the problem then we need to dig deeper. The
>> first thing to do is to run the application with a debugger attached and
>> set a break point into XGErrorHandler and report the backtraces you get
>> from it. That will help us to pin down, which operations are causing the
>> messages.
>
> Ok, I'll try that and get back to you if I get any result.

Perfect.

>> It would also be great to report any other log messages you get while
>> running the application.
>
> You'll find the full log I get when starting SimpleAgenda in
> cairo-log.txt.

Thank you, but this doesn't help. Looks like the GNUstep code doesn't
know about any error.

> If you want to test patches, I'm right here.

Great, but we first need to come up with an idea what is causing it :-)