Re: $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Additional

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Additional
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:28:02 +0100

On 12 Oct 2008, at 20:37, Scott Christley wrote:

Hello,

If I want to install a *.make file into $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/ Additional, and I also use DESTDIR to point to a new top-level destination directory; how can I install this file? Is this a file that I need to install manually or is there a make variable as for headers and such, that will install for me automatically?

You can do the same as gnustep-base does.

Ie, you should add to your GNUmakefile.postamble:

$(DESTDIR)$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Additional:
$(ECHO_CREATING)$(MKINSTALLDIRS) $(DESTDIR)$ (GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Additional$(END_ECHO)

before-install:: $(DESTDIR)$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Additional
        $(ECHO_NOTHING)$(INSTALL_DATA) base.make \
$(DESTDIR)$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Additional/base.make$ (END_ECHO)

after-uninstall::
$(ECHO_NOTHING)rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/ Additional/base.make$(END_ECHO)

Obviously replacing base.make with the name of your makefile :-)

Thanks

PS: You should install into $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Additional only if you want your makefile to be always loaded into all makefiles. The feeling is that only the core packages (mostly -base, -gui, -back) should usually do this. Otherwise, if an explicit include is required, you may want to consider $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Auxiliary - then
a makefile wanting to use your makefile/package would do:

  include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Auxiliary/myPackage.make