Re: Latest GNUstep problems

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Latest GNUstep problems
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:55:47 +0200

Hi Quentin,

Since I updated my GNUstep install to use latest svn (r26829), I have observed a problem that could be related: UI controls can weirdly start to refuse input or focus. For example in Gorm inspectors, text fields seem to refuse editing time to time. At this point, quitting Gorm doesn't solve it, but killing gpbs and relaunching Gorm does, as if gpbs was corrupted or crashed. I haven't submitted a bug report yet, because I only got it two or three times for now, and gpbs may have nothing to do with it.

Thanks for your response. That's most likely the same issue I encounter. I first realized that when opening the login panel of our database application. Clicking into one of the username, password,... fields did not make them firstResponder. When trying to type I just got beeps. Clicking wildly around finally got me the focus into the textfield (mostly, not always). I then experimented with Affiche, Ink.app,... and got similar issues there in NSTextView. I encounter this in 3-4 of 10 cases, so this is really a serious problem (renders my system unusable).

Regards,

  Andreas