Re: Latest GNUstep problems

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Latest GNUstep problems
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:48:43 +0200

Hi Fred,

I just did some tests with the latest GNustep downloaded yesterday on Solaris 10 with Etoile switched off for now to exclude potential problems caused by Etoile overloads. I encountered massive problems experimenting with TextEdit.app and Affiche.app, e.g. selecting text and pressing backspace does not remove the selected text but just beeps. Pressing Return at the end of text in NSTextView just beeps instead of inserting the return!? These problems do not always occur but very often. It's hard to find a pattern to savely reproduce the problem, but it ocurs ofte enough that reasonable work is impossible. I doubt that this is related to Solaris. Can anybody confirm these problems?

Could you please try to reproduce this problem with Ink? TextEdit and Affiche aren't part of basic GNUstep itself, so any strange behaviour there could be caused by the applications themselves. If Ink fails it is almost a sure sign that something in GNUstep is wrong.

I have seen this also with Ink.app!

Could this be a focus issue? Some unexpected part of the UI having the focus while you expect it to be in the text view?

Yes! However, after clicking into an Ink.app window, this window should have the focus, but it seems it does not have that always after a click!?

Regards,

  Andreas