Re: Windowmaker, ALT key, Gorm

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Windowmaker, ALT key, Gorm
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:05:16 +0200

Hi,

I want to add some fields to a form with Gorm. Apparently this is done with ALT-click and drag. Unfortunately Windowmaker captures the ALT Key to move Windows. I want to map this to a different key. I have done a web search and of course I've studied every pane in the Windowmaker preferences application, but I can't seem to figure out how to re-map this key or turn it off temporarily. I thought "Move/Resize Active Window" on the keyboard pane would do the trick, but it doesn't.

I changed my preferences in the "mouse" pane of windowmaker preferences for the "mouse grab modifier" to Mod4 (Super).

THis maps the modifier to the "windows" key on a win95 kbd.

Riccardo