Re: gsweb and apache 1.3

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: gsweb and apache 1.3
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:46:27 +0200

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Some days ago, I stumbled across IntarS, found it interesting, and I wanted
> to play with it. I got it compiled and it starts on my OpenBSD test box, but
> now the apache module is missing ;)
> On the other hand, I think I could just use mod_ngobjweb, and I guess it
> would do the job too.

I am not sure about the the mod_ngobjweb stuff, but my apache2 module works
with WO 5.x too
so a CGI that works with WO 5 should work with GSW too.

Note that I changed some code some weeks ago, so please use the code from trunk.

> The apache2 module is only a cgi program that needs to be placed in a
> cgi-bin directory? I thought it is a apache module like mod_rewrite or
> mod_proxy.

The apache2 module is a module. But you can write a CGI that works like it.

> I tried, but your server refuses to talk to me, he has the opinion that the
> IP address of my server is "dynamic". Well, it somehow resides in a dynamic
> address range, and the host name looks like a dynamic one, but the address
> is just not dynamic. Don't know if you could whitelist my mail servers IP
> address. I have this problem with a few others too, but my provider is a bit
> too *** to fix that, however that does not really belong here ;)

How about using an external provider for mail?
You can setup your server to use auth SMTP to do the actual delivery.
Call me after 20:00...

--
David Wetzel