Re: gsweb and apache 1.3

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: gsweb and apache 1.3
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:31:10 +0200

David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:
> On 28.05.2008 12:24 +0100 David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
> > Are the GSWAdaptor interface to the web server documented somewhere?
> > It would be nice to have a FastCGI interface working so that it could
> > be used with Apache 1 or something more lightweight like Lighttpd.
> > This would also make more sense on OpenBSD, which runs httpd in a
> > chroot - using FastCGI allows the app server to be outside this
> > environment (and, optionally, chroot itself elsewhere after starting).
>

> Basically, the GSWAdaptor is a module that talks HTTP with the web browser
and after the request is red
> it contacts the application and sends the response back to the client.

In general, I think I know how its supposed to work. I use mod_ngobjweb from
SOPE to serve sogo and ogo on my openbsd boxen.
Some days ago, I stumbled across IntarS, found it interesting, and I wanted
to play with it. I got it compiled and it starts on my OpenBSD test box, but
now the apache module is missing ;)
On the other hand, I think I could just use mod_ngobjweb, and I guess it
would do the job too.
> If you want to write a (Fast)CGI module, please look at the Apache2 module
from SVN.
> The old Apache1x code is deprecated.
The apache2 module is only a cgi program that needs to be placed in a
cgi-bin directory? I thought it is a apache module like mod_rewrite or
mod_proxy.

> Probably it makes sense to subscribe to the GSWHackers list.
I tried, but your server refuses to talk to me, he has the opinion that the
IP address of my server is "dynamic". Well, it somehow resides in a dynamic
address range, and the host name looks like a dynamic one, but the address
is just not dynamic. Don't know if you could whitelist my mail servers IP
address. I have this problem with a few others too, but my provider is a bit
too *** to fix that, however that does not really belong here ;)

Sebastian