Re: TextEdit.app problems X11

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: TextEdit.app problems X11
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 01:18:29 +0200

Sorry, I still have no idea where this is comming from. Could you please give gdb another try and this time add a break point in NSException raise to get a back trace of the error ("b [NSExcpetion raise]" followed after the break point is reached by "bt"). Perhaps this will tell us more.

Fred

Pedro Alves wrote:
Hello
Sorry for the delay in replying to your comments.
As info I am running GNUSTEP apps on an IBM Thinkpad600 running FreeBSD
6.2 - RELEASE with a fresh (2 weeks old) cvs ports update. All apps were
compiled from ports, using MAKE INSTALL CLEAN.

Current gnustep packages:

gnustep-back-0.12.1:
gnustep-back-art-0.12.1:
gnustep-back-cairo-0.12.1:
gnustep-base-1.14.3:
gnustep-gui-0.12.1:
gnustep-make-2.0.5

The symptoms can also be found for other gnustep applications like Gorm
and ProjectCenter.

Here is the output to your comments.

[pmsalves@Thinkpad600 ~]$ openapp --debug TextEdit.app
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) run --GNU-Debug=XSynchronize
Starting program:
/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Applications/TextEdit.app/TextEdit
--GNU-Debug=XSynchronize
warning: Unable to get location for thread creation breakpoint: generic error
[New LWP 100059]
[New Thread 0x8071000 (LWP 100059)]
[New Thread 0x8071200 (LWP 100112)]
2008-05-26 13:02:33.893 TextEdit[53367] Problem posting notification:
<NSException: 0x85508a8> NAME:WindowServerCommunication REASON:X-Wind ows error - BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
          on display: :0.0
                type: 0
       serial number: 8671
        request code: 153

recursion encountered handling uncaught exception

Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb)

I include a screenshot of my desktop with TextEdit runnning and you see
what I get.
Thanks for your reply.