Re: Cross Compiling for OS X?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Cross Compiling for OS X?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:17:37 +0100

On 3 May 2008, at 10:26, hns@computer.org wrote:

After thinking a little and taking into account that essentially the
same question was asked twice this week, I have thought to write some
simple FAQ:

1. I have a GNUstep source running on Linux/GNUstep and want the same
application to run on OSX

You have several options - more or less complex.

The simplest, and best option is obviously to install gnustep-make (./ configure; make; sudo make install) and then compile your project by typing 'make'. You get a native Apple OSX application compiled against the Apple OSX ObjC frameworks ... using the same GNUmakefiles
you were using on GNU/Linux/*BSD/Windows. :-)

If there are issues with this solution, please report them so we can fix them :-)

Thanks