Re: GNUstep on Ubuntu Hardy and Debian Testing.

From: Rubens_Septimus
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Ubuntu Hardy and Debian Testing.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hubert Chathi-2 wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:08:45 -0700 (PDT), Rubens_Septimus
> <patrick.cardona@free.fr> said:
>
>> Hello !  I apologize my poor english (french I am).  I tried to
>> install first GNUstep from regular debs upon Debian Testing. But
>> WilldMenus were buggy : horizontal menus were duplicated (for example,
>> twice services, and so on).  Si I tried the same way on Hardy Heron
>> (Ubuntu 8.4) : same result, same bug with WildMenus.
>
> We really should get rid of the WildMenus package.  I don't think it's
> supported any more...
>
> Especially since GNUstep is able to do horizontal menus by itself.
>
> Try running:
> defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSMenuInterfaceStyle
> NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle
>
> (and disable WildMenus too.)

Yes, this is the good way to do it. Thanks Hubert.
So I made it all clean, use again regular .deb from Ubuntu and applied
successfully the "defaults" you said. Thanks again.

You seems also right to say the WildMenus.bundle seems deprecated and should
not stay there. It made me wrong the first time. Maybe I should find all
that by myself reading the right doc : where should I begin to get good
knowledge about GNUstep user approach ?

There is a also a new problem : with Camaelon and Nesedah.theme, there is an
arrow after each menu item entry in the horizontal menu bar. I think this
should not happen. Maybe another defaults option to add to avoid this side
effect ?