Problem saving database in AddressManager

From: Gerold Rupprecht
Subject: Problem saving database in AddressManager
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:00:40 +0100

Dear readers,

I ran out of disk space while I had GNUMail and AddressManager open. I
had been editing a person when I realized I had a problem, being
unable to save my changes.

I cleaned up the disk space problem first.

I then looked for where the database information is stored. You will
find it under:

~/GNUstep/Library/Addresses

(you may want to add this to your backup scripts)

The database stores each entry in a separate file named along the
lines of:

99.mfaddr

I also found three other files:
LOCK
ME
NEXTID

I removed these files and was then again able to make changes to the
person record I had been editing.

Hope this might be helpful to other users.

Best regards,

Gerold

--
Gerold Rupprecht
10 rue Louis-Curval

Tel./Fax        +41 (0) 22 347 73 96
For OpenPGP key http://www.keyserver.net/

() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML mail and Microsoft
attachments.
/\ Software patents are endangering the computer industry all around
the world.
         Join the
LPF:    http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/  http://petition.eurolinux.org/

         Say no to OOXML -Microsoft's broken standard

<RFC3156.txt>