Re: QuantumSTEP vs. iPhone SDK

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: QuantumSTEP vs. iPhone SDK
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:20:38 +0100

Am 07.03.2008 um 17:18 schrieb Nicolas Roard:

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns@computer.org> wrote:

Am 07.03.2008 um 17:03 schrieb Nicolas Roard:

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns@computer.org> wrote:
Hi all,
I guess after the announcement of the iPhone SDK, most of you are now
interested in a comparison between QuantumSTEP and the iPhone SDK.
Therefore, I have made a table that you can see here:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/QuantumSTEP_vs_iPhoneSDK

Comments, corrections, questions are welcome!

Installed Base (E2008)         10k ... 1 Mio

Really ?!

I simply don't know real figures. The basis counted here is the
OpenMoko device for which estimates range from 5000 units to Millions.
Well, QuantumSTEP is not installed on them initially but can be. So I
consider the device deployment as "installed base".

Hm, you probably should choose another name than installed base then,
that's rather misleading.

Good point. I have now choosen: Addressable Deployments
Does that better fit?

Nikolaus