Re: Trouble running the cairo backend

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Trouble running the cairo backend
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:53:04 +0100

You case seems to be different. In the old bug report the problem was on
FreeBSD and you seem to be on Ubuntu.

You also get an X error before cairo complains. I would expect that the
X error is the source of the problem. We need to find out what is going
wrong there and then we will be able to understand what cairo is trying
to tell us. You should be able to see this by setting a break point into
XGErrorHandler and generating a back trace.

My problem now is that I am not that sure, which code made it into
0.12.1. I am of course working with current SVN and this is more or less
resembled in 0.13.1. I expect that the cairo code in 0.12.1 is rather
close to release 0.12. In which case most of the more fancy X setups
wont be supported. Could you try to report the context found in
bestContext() (in file context.c)?

It would also be great to switch to the current SVN source to see if the
problem still persists or has already been resolved.

Cheers,
Fred