Re: Live CD for FOSDEM?

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Live CD for FOSDEM?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:28:07 +0100

Am 27.01.2008 um 21:37 schrieb Stefan Bidigaray:

On Jan 27, 2008 1:31 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky- helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:
Hi everybody,

has there anyone a Live CD ready (or nearly ready - I am willing to
beta test) for FOSDEM?

… /me stares in the general direction of the étoilé folks …

is there anything in the works?

If I remember correctly, from the many times I've read the Etoile mailing list archives, they aren't going to be making a LiveCD anytime in the near future.

Why that? Last year they had one almost ready - what happened to that one?

I think the only choice right now is the GNUSTEP LiveCD (I can never remember who creates it)

I think it was Gürkan Sengün http://www.linuks.mine.nu/gnustep/ but he seems to be the only one working on it so its not as "polished" as the Étoilé Live CD was.

which is actually just Debian Unstable. Last I checked, Debian has a Camaelon package so theming it isn't hard.

Stefan