Narcissus theme implementation

From: Günther Noack
Subject: Narcissus theme implementation
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:11:29 +0100

Hi GNUstep community!

A while ago, I started playing around with GNUstep themeing. I found Camaelon to be very usable but a bit slow. As a result, I started a faster implementation of the Narcissus theme (designed by Jesse), which, to improve speed, draws everything using the "PostScript- style" drawing primitives instead of pixmaps. I also tried to write a cleaner implementation, which is not easy at the current stage of the GNUstep themeing API.

Themeing is amazingly fun to play with. :-) I don't expect you to base your own theme engine on this source code. I hope though, that it will be helpful as a reference on how themeing can be done in GNUstep.

A short description and screenshot can be found here:

http://guenthernoack.de/2007/12/18/gnustep-narcissus-theme-2/

The direct link to the tarball is:

http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~guenther/gnustep/downloads/narcissus/ Narcissus-0.1.tar.gz

Best regards,