Re: Interface localization ?

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Interface localization ?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:08:13 +0100

On Nov 23, 2007 1:34 PM, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all
> I would like to translate the gorm files in my application. Do I
> really need to copy each gorm file for each language and edit each one
> of them with Gorm to translate the labels ? I had hoped I could simply
> translate the labels using Localizable.strings files.
> I searched the web for an answer but I want to be sure I understood
> correctly. Copying the gorm files seems really 'heavy' when only
> labels need modification...

There may be a better way, but here's how I do it:

Since every object that needs to be translated has a title/label, I
use the English label in Gorm, then programmatically set every label
again using localised strings.

That way, you only need one Gorm file, and a couple of
Localisable.strings files.

--
Chris