Re[2]: GSWeb/GDL2 Status

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: GSWeb/GDL2 Status
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:16:29 +0100

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:15:26 -0500 Thom Cherryhomes
<thom.cherryhomes@gmail.com> wrote:
TC>| Unless you already KNOW how to use EOF and WO....
TC>|
TC>| YOU CAN'T USE THESE TOOLKITS!

Yes but there's some books to learn WO and EOF concepts.
WO4.5 docs are also available. And contributions are welcome.

TC>| They're in my eyes, half done, half baked, missing the other side of
TC>| the tools that made these frameworks great in the first place. (I also
TC>| submit that WO in general is in desperate need of lessons learned in
TC>| the last few years, such as prettier URLs, REST modelling etc.).....
TC>| so until these parts are at least functional....these toolkits are
TC>| only of use to those of you who live in that little world.

Welcome to free/opensource world. If you want something which
doesn't exist, do it yourself, pay someone to do it or drop the idea.

I'd really like to see 'web 2.0' stuff in gsweb but have no time to
code it. I'd like to see some minor complex bugs solved in gdl2
but....

Manuel